Want to be part of an exciting creative team – apply today!
The Godinymayin Yijard Rivers Arts and Culture Centre is the region’s flagship cultural facility, gathering place, and arts centre—offering performances, meeting and conference space, exhibitions, touring events, and civic activities all year long. We are a non-profit charity governed by a Board of Directors from across the community, and managed by a small and dedicated staff who love where they work and cherish the public programming and community activities that happen at our facility. As we prepare for an ambitious 2023, the Centre is looking to fill the role of Venue and Event Coordinator, as an essential part of the Godinymayin team.
This part-time or full-time role facilitates venue hire queries and planning, and oversees event preparation, venue activities and related operations at Godinymayin. The Coordinator will work as part of the core team, supported by the Chief Executive Officer and Office Coordinator, ensuring a positive and friendly atmosphere for visitors, artists, and customers.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Coordinate venue hire and day-to-day operations of Godinymayin Yijard Rivers Arts and Culture Centre venue hire facilities
- Oversee venue hire planning and activities with external parties, organisations, and agencies—including set-up, support staff, and break-down
- Coordinate venue hire agreements and invoicing, in conjunction with the Bookkeeper and Office Coordinator
- Report on event/venue hire activities and provide recommendations as required to the CEO
- Set priorities and monitor workflow in the areas of responsibility including all events and venue operations (including cleaning, maintenance, health and safety, and venue hire change-over)
- Manage the set up and presentation of the venue as per the venue hire and event bookings schedule
- Assist touring productions and staff with event planning, performance set up, bump in and bump out
- Provide friendly and helpful customer service to visitors and the community and support all health and safety procedures and building security protocols
- Assist in the general daily operations of the Centre and undertake other duties as required
For more information see the full job description, and if this role sounds like you—why not consider joining our team!