We are delighted to welcome you back to the Centre – we’ve missed you!
Your health and safety is important to us. In line with the Northern Territory Government’s Roadmap to the New Normal Covid19 Safety Plan, we have enhanced health, physical distancing and hygiene measures in place to keep our visitors and staff safe.
Please help us by taking the time to read our Covid19 measures below. With your cooperation, together we can stay safe and reconnect with art, creativity and each other.
What you need to know before visiting:
Opening hours – we are open Tuesday to Friday, 10am to 5pm; and Saturday 10am to 3pm. Closed on Sundays and Mondays.
The gift shop where we celebrate the Big Rivers region and NT artists, artifacts, products and stories. Choose a gift for yourself or someone special!
Catch the last of the Twine and Twine Again (Weaving Our Way) exhibition, show-casing Indigenous weaving art from across the Big Rivers and Top-End regions.
Open until Saturday 20th June, this is your last chance to catch these stunning works: explore weaving techniques, mediums, representations and styles from traditional to contemporary, from the art centres in our region!
See our social media for more on the Twine and Twine Again (Weaving Our Way) exhibition.
There’s a sneak peak of an exhibition under installation, with work from Katherine’s Salvation Army’s Doorways Hub art program.
Our events, meetings and conference rooms are open for bookings.
How you and the Centre can ensure the safety of our community
Our priority is to keep you and our team safe. Measures we are taking to take care of our community include:
- Physical distancing posters and floor stickers are throughout the Centre to ensure 1.5mts are kept between you and other people who aren’t known to you
- Floor stickers are in areas of more confined places or where there is a need to cue (at reception/box office; only three people in the gift shop at a time; entry to the auditorium)
- Exhibition openings will have a maximum of 45 people in the Centre at any one time. Please RSVP to invitations when published for the door-list where we may need to rotate attendees if over 45 people
- Performances, conferences, meeting and events in the auditorium will have seating arranged in checkboard style, and/or enable pods of people you know, with 1.5m distancing
- All visitors and attendees to the Centre are asked to provide their contact details so the Centre For Disease Control can contact you if necessary
- Hand sanitiser is readily available as you enter and throughout the Centre
- We are providing extra cleaning, particularly in high touch areas in the gift shop, at the bar, during meetings and events, and after the events
- Closed lid rubbish bins are readily available throughout the Centre
Your help please
- Do not visit the Centre if you feel unwell, have recently returned from interstate or overseas in the last 14 days; or have experienced symptoms like Covid19 including fever and sore throat (if in doubt call 1800 020 080)
- Use the hand sanitiser provided, and wash your hands with soap in the restrooms
- Keep at least 1.5mts from others
- Bring a credit card or debit card for purchases in the gift shop, or events and at the bar – we prefer not to handle cash
- Leave your contact details at reception so the Centre For Disease Control can contact you if necessary. Meeting organisers are asked to provide contact details of their attendees.
We ask that you take care of each other during your visit. We look forward to seeing you at Godinymayin Yijard Rivers Arts and Culture Centre soon!
Please do contact me if you have any queries, concerns or suggestions.
In health and creativity,