COVID-19 Safety Plan
We follow the current Northern Territory Government regulations, guidelines and advice of the day:
Public and Environmental Health Act 2011 COVID-19 Directions, Safety Measures for Places, Businesses, Activities, Services and Premises 2020: Directions for Major Events where applicable.
All guests including businesses using our facility must follow the current COVID-19 Chief Health Officer Directions and manage risks to staff and other people in accordance with Work Health and Safety laws.
Signage informing guests of conditions of entry are displayed at our front entrance, those displaying symptoms will not be allowed in the venue.
The Centre’s usual hours of operation are Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm, closed Sunday and Public Holidays. Our staff have staggered break times due to the nature of our industry.
The Centre has one main entry point and three main exit points. The entry has signage clearly displaying the terms and conditions of entry and reminding those who enter to adhere to the key principles set out by the Northern Territory Government Department of Health. Our event rooms all have high ceilings, air conditioning and the auditorium has indoor and outdoor areas.
The Centre uses the Territory Check In App and QR codes are displayed throughout the Centre.
What we have implemented:
- As part of the Northern Territory Government’s requirements, visitors attending the centre for longer than 15 minutes must provide their contact details in case contact tracing is required. All events need a registration process to ensure participants contact information is captured should contact tracing be required.
- We have registered with Northern Territory Government’s Check-In App for QR code registration, alternatively a manual sign in option is available.
- Information will be kept for a period of 28 days from the time of its collection. Information will not be disclosed except to an authorised officer when requested for contact tracing purposes.
- Contactless hand sanitiser stations with supporting signage have been placed the front main entry, both auditorium entry points, the shop, the bathrooms, at the exhibition hall as well as registration areas.
- Floor decals have been implemented to ensure 1.5M social distancing.
- Appropriate signage has been placed throughout the Centre including Hand washing and Hygiene posters, Keeping Your Distance, Hygienic Office and all other collateral available here.
- The Centre’s team will be onsite to guide the safe flow of visitors, delegates and guests throughout the Centre and monitor compliance with the Social Distancing recommendations.
- A designated COVID-19 safety supervisor will have the appropriate training to acquire the skills and knowledge to implement the COVID-19 safety plan.
- Exhibition and Event Coordinators other than our staff are required to provide a list of attendees/participants to the Centre and are required to remind and encourage their clients, delegates and guests to check in using GuestTracker to ensure they are kept up to date with vital information. Our team will work in collaboration with clients to meet the new COVID-19 health and safety requirements.
- Our commercial contract cleaners ensure we are always fully stocked and cleaned with hand soap and paper towels. We have air dryers in each bathroom. Staff also monitor cleanliness of the Centre.
- In accordance with the Northern Territory Government Department of Health directives, social distancing is a shared responsibility between all parties.
For more information on current requirements go to https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/chief-health-officer-directions